Saturday 30 November 2013

Disappointing Beauty Products #2

Boots 17 Wild Metallic Cream Eye Shadow in Wild Nude £3.99 Boots
While I like 17's powder eye shadows this cream eye shadow doesn't make the cut. It's another example of a high street/drugstore brand manufacturing a cream eye shadow and failing (in my opinion the only high street brand that succeeded is Maybelline with their colour tattoos.)
It is is a good neutral colour. It is also dermatologically tested, fragrance free and cheap. The jar is a clear plastic rather than the MAC and Maybelline glass cream eye shadow pots, making it lighter and ideal for travel. Yet unfortunately all this cannot make up for the fact that it creases incredibly badly and wears off quickly.

Bourjois Effect 3D Lip Gloss in 01 Beige Elastic £5.99
I was on the hunt for a nude lip gloss and picked this up. I really like this formula, mainly for the taste (like sweets no vanilla thank goodness) although it is a little sticky. Unfortunately this look wasn't what I was aiming for, on the lips the colour was too silver and frosted for me.

Ecotools Bamboo Blush Brush £7.99
This will be a controversial opinion as I know Ecotools gets a lot of love for being cruelty free, vegan and affordable. However I found this brush too prickly against my skin. I also prefer the 'old style' blusher brushes where you swirl them around on the face.

Dr Organic Pomegranate Lip Balm currently £3.25 Holland and Barratt
This is moisturising but I hate the smell, it is a heavily perfumed rose meets cheap children's make up sort of smell. Dr Organic is a brand that's had good reviews and I still want to try their other lip balms and other products from this brand.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...