Friday 14 February 2014

The Romantic Blogger Tag



I thought that this tag would be perfect for Valentine's Day. This Romantic Beauty Blogger Tag was created by Tianna from Storybook Apothecary, but I came across it on Breige Mcbride's blog Beauty And The Best of The Rest.

1) What is your favourite romantic film and why?




A Room With A View This film is about a young woman named Lucy Honeychurch in the restrictive and repressed culture of Edwardian England, and her developing love for a free-spirited young man, George Emerson. It's set partly in Italy so the scenery is beautiful and it's nice to see Lucy becoming more sure of her opinions and being able to be her true self.



Gran Hotel. This Spanish TV series begins with working class Julio Olmedo trying to find his missing sister at the Grand Hotel where she worked. He is convinced something happened to her at the hotel so he goes undercover as a waiter. He soon finds an ally in Alicia the daughter of the hotel's owner Doña Teresa. Alicia is being forced to marry hotel manager Diego Murquía who is considered a good match but she ends up falling for Julio. I totally ship the love story between Alicia and Julio. The show is available on Netflix. 


2) Which character from a film or book is your ideal romantic character and why?


A Room With a View
George (right) because however idealistic loves makes him, it also makes him fight for the girl he likes. He has a good heart and is the opposite of her stuffy and reserved fiance. I can't stand fussiness in men and George isn't that.

One Tree Hill
Lucus (Left) I love the character of Lucus, he's kind, gets on with everyone and has a good heart. 


3) Your ideal love life in a song -go!

Santana's Love Of My Life (Listen here)
'Where you are that's where I wanna be
And through your eyes, see all the things I want to see
And in the night you are my dream
You're everything to me
You are the love of my life
And the breath in my prayers
Take my hand lead me there
What I need is you there.'

 Elton John's Your Song (Listen here),
 Yes I know it's cheesy but I love the lyrics
'I hope you don't mind that I put down in words
How wonderful life is when you're in the world.'

4) A Song that makes you cry
   Adele's Someone Like You (Listen here). Her voice is so beautiful and the lyrics are about heartbreak, loss and regret but also a little hope.

5)Film that's guaranteed to make you cry every time
Pearl Harbour or The Forsyte Saga based on John Galworthy's novels of three generations of the Forsyte family with family rifts, alliances  and complicated love triangles.

6) What are your favourite colours for romantic make up looks?
Pink eye shadow smoked out with a dark brown crease and eyeliner with pink lipstick and light pink blush.

7) Favourite hair style for a soft romantic look?
I love curls probably because I have straight hair and you always want what you can't have! I love the 1950's retro curls. The updo is gorgous with all the hair jewellery tied across the head. I alos like loose waves for a more relaxed look. 




8) Which female heroines do you most identify with from a book or movie?


  • Elizabeth Bennet. (Pride and Prejudice) She is intelligent and witty. Also despite the fact that her family doesn't have a male air and that her mother wishes to marry all her daughters as quickly as possible, Elizabeth refuses to settle or be with someone she cannot respect. She sticks to her guns and this ultimately leads her to true happiness. She is kind but assertive and can't be easily intimidated.
  • Bridget Jones. It's OK not to be 100% perfect
  • I wish I had the comeback lines of Beatrice (Much ado about Nothing.)
9) Ideal romance life exists in which period?
     Jane Austen Regency period.

10) What are you wearing in this hypothetical romance?
     A dress of course! In regency costume, pretty but easy to dance in. Or a 1940's/1950's figure hugging Marylin Monroe style. Or a beaded 1920's flapper dress. Too many choices!

1 comment:

  1. This lipsticks her my all time favorite. Please do check makeup lesson by expert , to improve your skill and make your work more effective!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...