Tuesday 26 May 2015

Sleek Creme to Powder Foundation: A dupe for Bobbi Brown's Oil Free Compact Foundation?

Since Bobbi Brown discontinued their Long Wear Even Finish Compact Foundation in the Oil Free version (the regular foundation compact is still available) I've been looking for a replacement. I've been wanting to try Sleek's Oil Free Creme to Powder Foundation for awhile as they have a wide selection of skin tones and I'm more of a yellow tone which is harder to find in the drugstore/high street. For the Bobbi Brown foundation review see here.
 



 
 
This is a medium to full coverage foundation that comes in a compact with a mirror and sponge so that you can apply it on the move. This foundation is also not tested on animals. Compared to Bobbi Brown's formula I found this formula to be drier and not as creamy, despite containing Jojoba oil which is supposed to have moisturising properties and I would not recommend this for dry skin.  Sleek claims this is lightweight formula: I didn't really notice this to be any different to Bobbi Brown and that it the only other cream foundation I've used, but I can say it's not especially thick or heavy. I have sensitive skin and I've been using this for around 5 months and haven't experienced any reactions to this foundation. I've included the ingredient list at the end of this post.The foundation also has SPF15 in it, however in the summer months I would advise you to wear sun cream as well because  SPF15 is pretty low. Because of the SPF this foundation will give flashback during photos, so it may be better for wearing everyday rather than for occasions where you'll know you'll be photographed.

Sleek Crème to Powder foundation covers red patches, spots and small light moles or freckles. However it doesn't completely cover big dark moles but if used alongside a good concealer it would probably do the job. It can sometimes cling to dry patches (on the bridge of my nose) but it's nowhere near as bad as Bourjois healthy mix foundation. Well moisturised or primed skin will eliminate this problem. The big difference between Bobbi Brown and Sleek is in the finish, Sleek gives a completely matte look while Bobbi brown is more of semi matte finish which I prefer because it looks more natural. A finishing spray would add some dewiness back to achieve a semi-matte look. This lasts around 8 or 9 hours and I've now got into the habit of using powder (Bourjois Healthy Balance Powder) to set my t-zone. It's fairly dry and matte so it would suit oily skin although you may have to touch up with powder during the day. I've been using a damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge which gives an amazingly flawless, even coverage.

swatch in barley
This foundation comes in a whopping 30 shades so there's likely to be a foundation to suit everyone. Many Boots and Superdrug don't carry the full range in the store but if you can't find shades near your skin colour, Sleek Online offers a 5 shade tester for £2.99 (shown in the first picture in this post.) I have the shade Barley (704)  but I think this is actually too dark and yellow for me. But if you have yellow tones in your complexion it's definitely worth checking Sleek's range out. I also have it in a dark brown for bronzing.

To sum up, I wouldn't call this a dupe for Bobbi Brown's oil free compact foundation- mainly because of the difference in finish and drier consistency. However this is a good oil free foundation at a fabulously low price. I would recommend giving it a go if you're looking for a new cream foundation or for a matte foundation.

Sleek Oil Free Creme to Powder Foundation has 9g product for £7.99. Available at Sleek Online, Boots and Superdrug.

Ingredient list:Caprylic / Capric Triglyceride, Poly(methyl methacrylate), Nylon-12, Isononyl Isononanoate, Octyl Strearate, Octyl Palmitate, Bees Wax, Candelilla Wax, Aluminum Starch, Octenyl Succinate, Jojoba Esters, Microcrystalline Wax, Methylparaben, Propylparaben May Contain: [ +/- CI. 77019, CI. 77891, CI. 77492, CI. 77491, CI. 77499]

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...