Sunday 28 June 2015

I Heart Make up - I am Naked Palette Review

The size of the I Am Naked palette is great for travel, since it can fit into one hand. It also has a mirror and is really compact containing 6 eye shadows and a lipstick. I love the design of the palette it's both sophisticated and fun and I like the way the lipstick fits snugly into the palette. The I am Naked refers to the neutral shadows and nude lipstick- for the natural look. Though I'd still be a little hesitant to whip this out on a commuter train with I am Naked emblazoned across the front!


Neutral shadow swatches
There's a nice neutral selection of beige, brown and gold shades. There are three shimmer shades  (2,4,5), two matte (1, 3) and one satin shade (6, which has slightly less shimmer than the others but it's not quite matte.) The two palest shades, a matte cream shade and a shimmery champagne are a little chalky. The other shades are fine. I wore the second, third and fourth shades (in the swatch picture above) without primer and they started to fade after 8 hours, which is pretty good. The third browny taupe is good for a crease or transition shade and my favourites are the fourth and sixth shimmery brown shades.
The lipstick is nude peach shade that makes my lips look lighter in colour. It's very moisturising but has light coverage. The lipstick has a faint waxy smell and a slight vanilla taste. It does transfer but will last through a drink but not through eating. I was disappointed that the lipstick packaging feels very cheap even though it looks luxurious when placed in the palette.
All in all this is a nice little neutral palette that looks more expensive than it is and is good value for money for all 6 shadows and a lipstick, especially as it's currently on sale at just £2.99  here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...