Sunday 21 August 2016

My summer Legs Routine



This summer I have been reading lots of Lindsey Kelk's books while sunning myself in the garden- which has been so relaxing it's something I'd recommend to everyone! Anyway I thought I'd share my summer legs routine with you all.

Since I have sensitive sensitive skin and eczema on my knees and ankles I usually mix Oilatum oil with salt to create a body exfoiliator. For dimple free skin I suggest body brushing, using a bristle brush on dry skin brushing towards your heat is supposed to improve circulation, lymphatic drainage and beat cellulite as well as exfoliating, and this one from Sanctuary also has rubber nodules to massage the skin. Although it doesn't completely eradicate cellulite Cowshed Slender Cow Extra Firming Body Butter does the next best thing which is to drastically reduce the appearance of cellulite, so that your thighs and bum look a lot firmer and smoother, basically 10 times better than before. It contains sweet orange, grapefruit, ylang ylang and mandarin red essential oils to stimulate and tone the skin and the carrot seed oil helps to break down toxins. It has a herbal scent due to the essential oils but it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and is the only cream I've tried that works. It makes a big difference and worth the price tag. The next step in my routine is shaving. If you have dry or sensitive skin go for a shaving cream that doesn't contain sulphates since they can strip the skin of naturally occurring oils. Use a sharp blade because duller ones need more pressure to shave leading to more friction and razor burn. I recently bought  Vaseline's Intensive Care Spray Moisturiser, it may sound like a gimmick , but spraying moisturiser on your body feels so refreshing and cooling in the heat. It also cuts down the time spent rubbing in and you don't have to wait ages before dressing. The one I picked up was the aloe version which smelt nice and fresh. It's not greasy and leaves you with soft skin but it's not what I'd call intensive, so if you're after a more moisturising boost then Garnier's Ultimate Beauty Oil is both lightweight and rich. Having eczema I've always been wary of using fake tanners on my legs, so I stuck to bronze shimmery body creams instead. However The Body Shop's Honey Bronze Tinted Leg mist  is great for a matte, realistic tan.  It's a wash off formula for fair to medium skin tones, paraben free and smells like fruit punch.  It can be layered, for my olive skin tone I used two layers (I use Bobbi Brown warm sand foundation for reference) but one layer would be enough for fair skin tones. I would leave a gap between moisturising and applying this, as moisturising seemed to dilute the colour and apply patchily. It does dry quickly and doesn't transfer or rub off but can be removed with soap and water. Finally after all that hard work and pampering it's time to make the most of the summer we have left!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...